Creative & Expressive Arts Programs
Creative Kids Workshop
- Explore the magical world of your imagination through spontaneous drama, art and music.
Creative Mythmaking Daycamp
- Participants co-write a story, create masks and a musical soundtrack, and act out their play for parents.
Musical Playground Weekly Class
- Through fun group activities participants learn playful ways to invent their own music and lyrics in a variety of styles. Includes singing, vocal warm-ups, and instrument play.
Expressive Arts Therapy Weekly Group
- A fun and enriching program for children grades 3 - 7 that emphasizes creative self-expression. Both therapeutic and playful, activities will flow together through painting & drawing, clay sculpture, expressive drama & puppetry, movement and music. Students will help choose activities based on their interests. The group will offer participants fun ways to express their emotions, connect socially with others, release stress, and expand their comfort zones. Each session will include guided activities and group games, with time for individual exploration and reflection.
Singing From the Soul Workshop
- Discover your inner music, and connect more deeply with your own voice and creative spirit.
Authentic Voice Workshop
- Connect with your authentic self, and express it more freely through your voice. Tone, chant, speak or sing your way to deeper self-awareness.
Expressive Arts for Self-Care Workshop
- Express yourself and de-stress yourself!
Expressive Arts Weekly Women’s Group
- A weekly chance to connect with your inner wisdom and allow your imagination out to play. You will also connect with other women to share and witness each others’ experiences. The group provides a safe space for self-discovery, creative expression, stress release, personal empowerment, and/or support through life transitions. We will play with a variety of art forms flowing together through drawing, painting, collage, creative writing, drama with story and myth, voice and music, movement and inspired reflection. No artistic experience is necessary.
Poetry Playground Teacher Resource (Language Arts)
- Currently in development.
Arts & Curriculum Integration (K to 8)
- Integrating music, drama, creative writing and expressive arts with curriculum for an enriched educational experience. Working with multiple intelligences and learning styles for classroom sessions that include and empower all learners, with increased retention and understanding of concepts. Example lesson plans created for Learning Through the Artss (www.ltta.ca):
- Imaginative Writing Through Music (Language Arts)
Songwriting about Canada (Social Studies)
Simple Machines Through Drama (Science)
Animals and the Environment Through Drama (Science)
Understanding The Outsiders Through Creative Writing (Language Arts)
Friendship Through Drama (Anti-bullying and Social Responsibility)
Arts-based creativity training can provide the following benefits for staff and administrators:
- Release stress through creative self-expression.
Create a more harmonious environment and sense of teamwork.
Learn important self-care skills to prevent illness and depression.
Develop the ability to think outside the box.
Celebrate successes through fun, interactive activities.
Programs can be short or long-term, and customized to meet your needs.